Recover and install drivers for MSI H81M-P33 motherboard
Today, many users assemble computers manually by purchasing each part separately. In these cases, the task of installing the operating system and drivers is done independently, which also applies to the motherboard software. It is important to select compatible drivers to ensure proper operation of the entire device, so due attention should be paid to the operation. Next, we are going to review this procedure in detail, taking as an example a motherboard called MSI H81M-P33.
Table of Contents
- 1 Obtaining and installing the drivers for the MSI H81M-P33 motherboard
- 1.1 Method 1: MSI Official Website
- 1.2 Method 2: Official MSI Utility
- 1.3 Method 3: Driver Installation Programs
- 1.4 Method 4: Unique Hardware ID
- 1.5 Method 5: Windows Built-in Tools
- 1.5.1 Has this article helped you?
Obtaining and installing the drivers for the MSI H81M-P33 motherboard
If you have purchased a DVD drive and installed it on your computer during mounting, you can use the disc that comes with the MSI H81M-P33. To do this, simply enter it and run the installer following the instructions that appear on the màn hình hiển thị. However, if you don’t have the disk or you just don’t have a drive, you’ll have to use one of the alternatives that we’ll talk about in a moment .
Method 1 : MSI Official Website
The best method to get accurately verified and supported drivers is to take advantage of official sources. First of all, we want to check the official website of the motherboard manufacturer. Although the MSI H81M-P33 has been discontinued, it is still supported and the software can be downloaded here :
Go to the official MSI website
- Follow the link above to get to the home page of the site. Here you will be interested “Service”..
- Go down the tab and in the category «Select your product». click on “Motherboards”..
- Click with the left mouse button on the tile with the name “Downloads”..
- Now you will have to fill in the table Find your device.. The type of accessory will be selected automatically. In the second form you must enter Chipset..
- Next in “Kind of product”. select “Intel H81”..
- All you have to do is find your model in the list and click “Look for”..
- On the product page, go to the tab “Drivers”..
- First, select your operating system by expanding the pop-up list and clicking on the appropriate option. Also take into account the type of Windows bits.
- You can then expand the individual rows ordered with the conductors of each type.
- Let’s look at an example of download on the chipset. Find the desired software version and click the corresponding button to start the download.
- This will start the file download automatically. Run it through any convenient filing cabinet.
- Locate the executable file in the folder and open it.
- Follow the instructions displayed to successfully complete the task.
Download the drivers for the other motherboard components in the same way. Download them one by one and install them automatically. Then restart your computer for the changes to take effect .
Method 2 : Official MSI Utility
As you can see, the above method is time consuming and also requires downloading each driver one by one, which is not convenient for all users. Some want to save their time and simplify the task. For this, there is an official MSI tool called Live Update. It is the right tool to update all drivers for all supported motherboards .
Go to the live update download from the official website
- Follow the link to get to the Live Update download page. There click on the inscription clickable “Download Live Update 6”..
- Wait for the file to finish downloading and open it.
- You can run the installer for this software directly from here.
- In it, specify your preferred interface language using the pop-up list.
- At the welcome screen, go straight ahead.
- Accept the terms and conditions of the license agreement by marking the appropriate point with the marker and clicking “Next”..
- Select any convenient location to store the utility files.
- Specify if you want to create an icon on the desktop.
- The Live Update installation will now begin. Then close the installer window and the utility will start automatically.
- In it, you will have to reconfirm the conditions of use of the license.
- Once the main window is open, go to the tab “Live update”..
- Click the button. “Scan”.. Before doing so, make sure the Internet connection is active.
- This will take a few minutes, so be patient.
- The table will show the updates found. Check the ones you want to download and then start the operation by clicking the corresponding button at the bottom of the window.
Once you have finished downloading and installing all updates, Live Update will ask you to restart your computer. It is essential that you do so so that all the changes take effect and your computer starts working correctly .
Method 3 : Driver Installation Programs
The next method in our today’s article is similar to the previous one, but third-party programs will be used to achieve your goal. Its advantage is that you can simultaneously install drivers for all components of the motherboard, as well as other connected components and peripherals. The principle of interaction with such software is presented in another instruction on our site, where DriverPack Solution is taken as an example. If you are interested in this option, we strongly recommend that you read this manual .
Read more : Driver Installation Using DriverPack Solution
There are also a large number of counterparts to the previous program. Our other author has compiled a review in which he has put together all the popular solutions that allow you to automatically install the missing drivers on your computer. You can read it by clicking the link below, and use the DPS instruction as a universal, because many representatives of such software have a lot in common, even in the design of appearance .
Read more : Best Driver Installers
Method 4 : Unique Hardware ID
The principle of this method is to use the component IDs of the motherboard to find the drivers. Unfortunately, we cannot provide a complete list of device IDs found on the MSI H81M-P33, but there is a separate article on our website with instructions on how to determine these characteristics. Once the IDs are determined, you will need to choose a site to find and tải về the appropriate drivers. This topic is also covered in that manual, which can be accessed by clicking the link below .
Read more : How to find a driver by ID
Method 5 : Windows Built-in Tools
The last method, considered within the framework of today’s material, involves the use of standard operating system tools for downloading drivers. Unfortunately, it turns out that it is not effective for all motherboard components, which is why it is in last place. However, its advantage is that the user does not have to tải về additional programs or interact with different sites, since all actions are carried out directly in the standard Windows menus. For more details on this process, see another article on our website, below .
Further information : Driver installation with standard Windows tools
As you can see, you can get the drivers for your MSI H81M-P33 motherboard in up to five ways, each with both advantages and disadvantages. All you have to do is explore each of them in more detail to determine the best one.
We are glad that we have been able to help you with your problem.
Describe what has not worked for you.
Our specialists will try to respond as quickly as possible.